Home > About us
Catriona, Karen and Tamsin have all worked together for many years in the internationally renowned Facial Palsy Multidisciplinary Team at Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
They all have many years of experience working with patients who require rehabilitation following facial paralysis and all specialise in both facial therapy and botulinum toxin injection therapy.
Alongside their NHS work they wanted to offer a private service for patients who desired quicker access to specialist facial palsy care and valued enhanced rehabilitation sessions. They therefore set up the Facial Rehabilitation Centre.
· Controversies around electrical stimulation in facial rehabilitation – a debate
· Specialist Facial Therapy Outcomes
· Chair’s Welcome Speech
· Management of Ocular Synkinesis
. The Psychological Impact of a Multidisciplinary Facial Palsy Clinic
· Holistic management of ocular synkinesis
· Development of a facial therapy specialists' group
· Enhanced MRI scanning in atypical facial palsy
· International Consensus on Specialist Facial Therapy
· The benefits of an early multi-disciplinary approach in facial palsy rehabilitation
· Final results of international consensus guidelines study for specialist facial therapy
· Analysis of the correlation between resting facial symmetry and voluntary movement in patients with facial palsy and synkinesis pre and post a novel facial therapy group
· Multidisciplinary online facial rehabilitation for synkinesis (MOFRS)
Foundation courses in facial palsy management
. Cork, Ireland
· Training webinars introduced & given by TFRC team members
· FTSI Advanced Webinar – Management of Synkinesis
· FTSI Advanced Webinar – Eye management and post-surgical rehabilitation
· FTSI Advaced Webinar – Assessment and Management of Paediatric Facial Palsy Patients